18 July 2006

Poetry...Hey! It' my non-blog to do with as I please!

And if you're going to read it, then I've got a captive audience for my crap poetry.
DON'T PANIC: it's not as bad as Vogon poetry!

Majestic thunderheads
loom over the mountains,
poised frozen in air waiting to break
upon us as passive-aggressive waves,
threatening to drown us
in ephereal marshmallow cream,
with flanks of cotton anvils
and wisps of geyser plumes
blooming from their crowns.

I know, cheesy, cliche, and unoriginal. But I looked out the window at work while waiting for a fax, and saw it, and came up with almost all of this on the spot. The rest took me 12 days, but you know how it goes...

And here's a Haiku I did awhile back about soccer. I like Haiku, but I hate soccer. I only remember this because I found it when I was trying to find one I did about clouds, but I can't find. Oh, well. It's not like I want to become known as the Cloud Guy...

Anyway, the Haiku:

Grunt, Run, Kick, Run, Dive
Warriors clash in pitched battle
Game Over, Nil-Nil

I did it while listening to The Geoff Show on Virgin radio. (Listen here: www.virginradio.co.uk/djsshows/shows/geoff/index.html) They hosted a World Cup Haiku contest and then phoned up the Japanese Embassy to get someone to judge them. I think they still have the audio clips of the phone call. Oh, mine didn't make it. I just thought up the poem because I like Haiku. And I mention it because I reminded myself of it, and I'm just that ADD.

But just because I've posted my own poetry, it's still not a blog.

No comments: