07 May 2009

Update!

Well, I wouldn't be much of a "celebrity blogger", or even a "twitter blogger" if I didn't keep my fans posted on updates.
Despite my suspicions and what I felt was ironclad evidence to the contrary, Valebrity has validated Melissa Gilbert and Kirstie Alley on Twitter.  Maybe the only evidence we will need in the future is if I think it's clear that someone is a fake.  Heck, I thought that the original digital Laser Discs could never be replaced by something as small as a CD, and still give as good of quality. Boy, did I look like a fool a year later.  With that kind of track record, if I'd been old enough, I probably would have backed Betamax. The only reason I avoided embarrassment with BluRay vs. HD-DVD, is because I never picked a side, and "Format War II: Sony's Revenge" didn't last long enough to force me to. It was partly strategic: I didn't want to pick the wrong side again, and look just as stupid as with the Laser Disc vs. DVD issue. At least that never got high enough on the radar to even be considered a format war. It was more of a brief genocide, culminating in full obliteration. None of the other formats were even aware of it. No sanctions were issued, or reprisals or reparations demanded. It was quick and clean, almost surgical.  At least I wasn't in a position to buy a Laser Disc player. Then I really would have looked like an idiot. Unlike now, when I'm writing about celebrity validations on Twitter...I feel sick. 

No comments: