23 April 2014

100 Word Stories - I Hate Halloween, Version 2* (Repost from Facebook, 30 October 2009)

Every high schooler has their after-school job to earn money. I’m a little different. Mine’s before school. I’m a paperboy. Every day, 365 days a year, I’m up at O-Dark-Thirty in the morning, treading the dark and lonely streets. I don’t mind the hours or the back-breaking weight of Sunday editions: I’m a Zombie. Things like that don’t bother loathsome undead like me. That’s right: I’m a Teenage Zombie Paperboy. Do you know what sucks most about being a Teenage Zombie Paperboy? Halloween. Do you know how often I’ve been stopped by police for Trick-or-Treating too late on November 1st?

This was written for Weekly Challenge #184 from the 100 Word Stories Podcast. I ended up having two similar, but slightly different stories come out, so I wrote and submitted both.

*Again, I actually love Halloween. This was just the title.

No comments: