22 April 2014

Fund Anything! I'm raising funds

I have decided to be more proactive about using my time more positively. My current job runs on a 4x10 schedule, so I have three days off every week, and they're all in the middle of the traditional work week. Left to my base and inherent instincts and proclivities, I would spend them doing very little in the way of positive activity. Mostly, so far, and shamefully, I have spent the majority of my time fiddling around on Facebook and the wider interwebz and watching TV, mixing in some household chores, etc. to keep our domicile running smoothly. That's not acceptable. Not only is it completely selfish, it's wasteful. This was recently brought to glaring truth when I was taken off work temporarily to rehab from a sprained back, when I realized I was doing almost nothing differently from my typical days off before the injury. Pathetic. I can do better.
So, I have decided I will do better. Along those lines, and considering the lost wages, I remembered FundAnything. It's a groovy website where people can create a fund-raising campaign for literally anything they want. It's very much like Kickstarter, except that you don't have to reach your goal to receive the funds you raise with FundAnything. So, I can use crowd-sourced funding to help motivate me to be productive and expand my mind, and hopefully, bring in a little bit of money to help us pay our bills. I wanted to be modest about it, so I set what I felt was a realistic and reasonable goal: $1000. This is less than our monthly rent, but a little more than one of my bi-weekly paychecks. Most importantly, it's enough to get back to a position of financial security we have been lacking. My campaign can be found here.
And, since I have included a link to this site with my campaign, I will be posting some samples of my writing for those who are considering donating to my cause to see what they might receive.

No comments: