23 April 2014

100 Word Stories - Show n' Tell (Repost from Facebook, 10 February 2010)

“Does anyone have anything for Sharing Time?” Miss Carson asked, hoping foul-mouthed Marcus didn’t. She sighed as his hand rose. “Marcus. Would you like to share something?”
“You betcher a-“
“It’s ‘Yes, Ma’am’, Marcus.”
“Yes, Ma’am. Yesterday, Pa was shovelin’ horse shi-”
“Manure, Marcus.”
“Sorry, Ma’am – manure. Anyway, the horse didn’t like him standing behind her a-”
“Her hindquarters, Marcus.”
“Yes, Ma’am – hindquarters. So, she kicked him in the bal-”
“Groin, Marcus!”
“Sorry, Ma’am – groin. He fell back and landed on an over-turned milk stool. The leg went right up his a-”
“Rectum, Marcus! Rectum!”
“Rectum? It darn-near kilt ‘im.”

I know it's not an original joke. This was in response to the prompt of "Kilt" from the 100 Word Podcast Weekly Challenge #196 (Week of 1/24/2010). I didn't feel like I could write a good story that involved actual kilts. Call it Writer's Block. And I've been told the best treatment for that is to just write anything. I guess this qualifies as "anything". I think you can probably guess the sort of story I would have come up with if the topic had been "barium".

No comments: