23 April 2014

100 Word Stories - I Hate Halloween, Version 1* (Repost from Facebook, 30 October 2009)

It’s the same nonsense every year. And it goes for almost two weeks. It’s not the Trick-or-Treating or the costumes, or any of that. No - what I hate are the lame jokes. I hear the same ones every year. You see, I’m a Zombie. The townsfolk are well-past their pitchfork fetishes, and the rest of the year it’s fine. But every year, from about October 24th, until around November 7th, it’s “Aren’t you a little early?” “Weren’t you a Zombie last year?” “Trick-or-Treating’s over, son.” Next year, I’m going to eat anyone who asks me something stupid. There’s your “Trick-or-Treat.”

This was written for Weekly Challenge #184 from the 100 Word Stories Podcast. I ended up having two similar, but slightly different stories come out, so I wrote and submitted both.

*I actually love Halloween. This was just the title.

No comments: