23 April 2014

100 Word Stories - The Perils of a Paper Bag Awaiting Recycling in the Moonlight (Repost from Facebook, 28 December 2009)

Ow! Watch it, buddy! Oh, good gravy. It’s another dumpster diver. Scavenger! It must be a full moon. They like the natural light to rummage by. I wish he’d be more careful; we don’t enjoy the groping, shoving, tearing, and the stick with the nail in the end, you know. My purpose in this life was to help a wino hide his bottle from cops and have him slosh and slobber on me. Now, to have this guy toss me aside for a 2-cent piece of glass or metal is humiliating. I hope I come back as a notebook.

This was in response to the combo-prompt of "a story told from the perspective of an inanimate object/paper sack/full moon/new beginnings" from the 100 Word Podcast Weekly Challenge #192 (Week Ending 12/26/2009).

No comments: