23 April 2014

100 Word Stories - Oliver vs. The Interloper (Repost from Facebook, 14 November 2009)

Oliver tore into the interloper with abandon. “Rrrr … Unh …. Rrrrrr-rah! That’ll show you!” The interloper stopped resisting, and lay limp and lifeless under Oliver’s grip. Just then, the front door opened. Oliver froze as Trish and Jay walked in on an interesting scene: their Beagle sitting amongst a blizzard of cotton batting swirling around him, with Trish’s favorite Teddy Bear pinned under his paws, the stuffing knocked out of it.
“Oliver! No! Bad boy!”
Oliver slowly released the plush rag. He sat up, his tail curled around his butt and his head dipped submissively.
“I’m sorry,” he whimpered.


This was in response to the prompt of "Stuffing" for Weekly Challenge #186 (week ending 11/14/09) for the 100 Word Stories weekly podcast. It was the first of three I wrote on this topic. My mind had gone in several directions, and I knew that the possibilities were wide open. So, I asked Trish to give me a topic/genre/idea to go with, and she said "stuffed animals."

No comments: