23 April 2014

100 Word Stories - Stream of Consciousness (Repost from Facebook, 16 December 2009)

Let’s see… What’s the Weekly Challenge this week…? Hmm… “Work”… Huh. One of those “broad-strokes” topics. I like those: they don’t shove you in a particular corner. There are so many directions I could go…
…“Hard work”…
…“Yard work”… 
…“Job I hated”…
…“Job I loved”…
…”Old job”…
…”New job”…
You know what? Just give me some direction!
…Wait a minute. This is an easy topic! I could write any story I can think of, and just work the topic in- wait: -“work”- the topic in. That gives me an idea: how many words am I up to? …98, 99, 100!


This was in response to the prompt of "Work" from the 100 Word Podcast Weekly Challenge #190 (Week Ending 12/12/2009). It was meant to reflect my torment of dealing with the topic, and the idea that was inspired by the epiphany illustrated in the story.
*******************
Another one that was mostly about getting through Writer's Block. Again, I think it qualifies as "anything".

No comments: